čtvrtek 16. května 2013

Polish beer II. - 3reviews

I continue to explore polish beer scene. And it's better then most of you could imagine. I slowly start to appreciate all the good things and all the good beers Poland can offer. I knew the gods from the AleBrowar and now I found two more breweries which brew the good stuff.

Piwna Manufaktura - Altbier
Piwna Manufaktura is very interesting project. It seems like a side product line made by Browar Jablonowo. Their stout called Belfast is very nice. And I´m sure the rest of the line will be fine as well. They use the modern brewery to try something different, something for the fans not for the average customer. Their Altbeer is very refreshing. Dark brown color, small white head. That´s how I imagine old time beer. The taste is pretty good. Malty with a slight caramel tone. The finish is pleasant, yeasty, maybe a bit too much dry. I really wonder if such a beer tasted the same way in some medieval pub.

Komes - Porter Baltycki
Beer made by Fortuna brewery in Miloslaw. Komes beers (there are three in that product line - Porter, Podwojny Ciemny, Potrojny Zloty,) are special made and crafted for the real beer lovers. Porter is able to stay and grow in the bottle so you can store it for a pretty long time - up to 18 months. The beer is strong and very heavy. It's pure black with small white head. The taste is dry and hoppy, strong chocolate and coffee tones. The big suprise comes with a finish. It´s very typical with almost a smoke palate.

AleBrowar - Sweet Cow
The best of the batch. I wrote a short story about AleBrowar while ago and I still think that this is the best brewery in Poland. Their Sweet Cow is fantastic. Very smooth stout. Not sweet but milky. You can really feel the milk in it and that´s the best thing ever! Pure black color, white head, chocolate, coffee and smoke tones in taste. Spicy smell. Long smooth palate. I´m not a big fan of strong black stouts but this one - I salute to it and need much more!

I can´t wait to the next beer shopping in Poland. I only hope somebody open some good beer shop in Cziesyn soon!

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat