středa 6. listopadu 2013

Dyniamit Pumpkin Ale (Pinta Browar)


There are some styles in a beer world which are quite unusual in Europe. Pumpkin Ale is one of the best examples. So it´s pretty hard to get one here. There is only one brewery in the Czech Republic that brews this ale - Radnicni pivovar in Jihlava - but the beer is pretty difficult to get. So I had to look elsewhere. Polish beer scene starts to be pretty interesting and because I have shorter trip to Cracow then to Prague I decided to complete my quest for pumpkin ale in Poland.


Poland has multiple craft breweries. Two of them brewed pumpkin ales. AleBrowar had Naked Mummy - The beer is hopped at the level of 45 IBU, the extract is 16 BLG, which were attenuated to the 6,2% of alcohol content. They used Willamette, Cascade and Palisade hops altogether with spices: cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, ginger, allspice. Unfortunately the batch was pretty limited so I wasn't able to get a bottle.


The second and probably the biggest craft brewery in Poland helped me out.


Browar Pinta from Wroclaw brews its beers in Browar na Jurze in Zawiercie (small city near Katowice). Its portfolio is pretty good - they brew Imperial IPA, Sahti, Sticke Alt, Irish Red Ale, Imperial Witbier, Extra Special Bitter (ESB), Rauchbock, A'la Grodziskie, AIPA, Weizenbock, Oatmeal Stout, Schwarzbier, Scottish Ale, Vienna Lager, Rauchbier, Pumpkin Ale, Rice IPA, Bière de Garde… The latest one is Pumpkin Ale. Its name - Dyniamit.


Dyniamit was first brewed last year. It was a big success so they decided to brew another batch this year. And they increased the production - 20 000 bottles and 110 kegs. It´s pretty strong - 16,5° (6% alc.) - and very spicy. Cinnamon, clove, ginger and anise are dominant in the smell, pumpkin tones - not strong but clearly there - in taste along with citrusy bits. Small but thick head, orange color. Well - almost perfect beer for Christmas! :) I liked it even though I'm not a big fan of spicy/fruity beers.


It´s clear that this style of beer will never be as popular in Europe as is in the US. But I'm glad I had a chance to drink it and if I am in US during pumpkin season I will be more than happy to try much more of it.


http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/pinta-dyniamit/190288/ (EN)




Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat